Wednesday, April 23, 2008

BA#4 The Jack Randa Hotel

I. There are many secrets being kept in this story. Gail who is also known as Mrs Massie, leave Will the man she's been writing, a letter that she sends him in a significant box. The letter tells Will that its up to him to find her. This leaves you wondering wether or not he actually will track her down, and what will happen.
II. This is similar in many ways to Blackbird. It leaves the story with multiple possibilities. It is also similar to the relationship between the main characters of Blackbird. I feel this way because in both stories the characters have feelings for one another but are almost ashamed to admit it.
III. This story i felt was very odd. It leaves you open with a lot of ideas on what could happen. I feel as though Monro is very good at leaving the reader hanging in a lot of work.

1 comment:

Lien said...

I strongly agree with the fact that the story leaves an open ending. I was left curious as to what would happen with the relationships between the charaters, the landlord, Gail and Will. I really wanted to know if Will would ever pursue their relationship. I do agree with the fact there was almost a secret relationship going on such as in Blackbird as well. There was definetly secrecy in which the letters were pretty much secrecy in which Gail uses anohter name.